Send your teens back to school with confidence with these skincare and beauty essentials.
Back to School is a great time to refresh your beauty routine and start some solid skincare habits for your teens. Since I don't have to pick out back to school clothes for my girls (they REALLY don't want my input on the fashion front), I can use my meager influence to help my teens with smart back to school beauty finds.
Back to School Beauty Finds for Teens
Here are some of my trusted clean beauty picks for teens. These products are almost all unisex. They've been tested by my girls and we've put them in the Amazon cart again and again.
- Pimple Patches: Skincare doesn't get any easier than these little adhesive with hydrocolloid stickers. Our tester says: These change the game when you have a pimple that decides to appear in the worst moments. Put one of these on overnight and it will be gone by the morning! Get Mighty Patch pimple patches on Amazon here. ($12.99) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Teleties: These cute little spiral ties are a fun and effective way to pull your hair up. Get Teleties on Amazon here ($7.99 for three) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser: This daily face wash for normal to dry sensitive skin is gentle and doesn't have a strong scent. Our tester says: The best face wash for dry skin and will last you the whole year! Get the La Roche-Posay cleanser on Amazon here. ($14.99) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Detangling Hair brush: These brushes are well-priced ($14), colorful and ideal for working on wet hair. Our tester says: My favorite hair brush-tons of colors and always gets the knots out! Get it on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Tweezer Set with Nail Clippers: This 9-piece nail and tweezer set is a must for any teen (boys too!) I like the tidy case and the bright colors. Get the Professional Nail Clippers and Tweezer Kit for Women and Men on Amazon here. ($11.99) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Facial Cleansing Towelettes: If your teen is racing from activity to activity, these wipes can come in very handy. Singles Our tester says: Great for on the go makeup removers and get dirt out of the skin without having to touch your face! Also great for travel. Get NeutrogenaTowelettes on Amazon here. ($6.57 for a 20 count) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Reusable makeup wipes: One thing my girls do wear is mascara. Otherwise they keep the beauty routine pretty simple. Since they don't like to produce a lot of trash these eco-friendly wipes are awesome. Our tester says: Great for getting every day make up off after a long day of studying- makes makeup easy to take off and is reusable! Get the reusable makeup wipes on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Monday Haircare Shampoo + Conditioner: This duo is completely free of damaging SLS and parabens. It's great for frequent washings and is certified by PETA as being cruelty-free, and are entirely vegan. Our tester says: My favorite Shampoo + Conditioner duo - leaves my hair feeling soft and extra shiny! Get the Monday set on Amazon here ($32 for both) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Native natural deodorant: Kids aren't too keen on chemicals and aluminum. What they do like is a cool scent. Native gives them both. Our tester says: try the coconut and vanilla scent. Get Native deodorant on Amazon here. ($12.97) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Hair Towel: This is great for those busy nights with sports and play practice. Hair dries FAST with these towels. Our tester says: These are great for after the shower and drying my hair fast to get to my next class. Get them on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
A Few More Back to School Beauty Finds for Teens
- Goody hair ties in black: We would be remiss if we didn't include the good old Goody hair ties. Our tester says: The best hair ties that go with anything! Get Goody hair ties on Amazon here. ($6 for 26) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- PMD Sonic Cleansing Brush: If your teen struggles with getting a clean face, this sonic brush is the perfect tool. It's a bit of a splurge, but it really helps get off grime and GENTLY exfoliate. Bonus: you can use it in the shower. Get the PMD Sonic Cleansing Brush on Amazon here. ($66)
- Supergoop sunscreen face stick: If your kids play sports or spend a lot of time in the sun, a good clean sunscreen is key. Our tester says: The best for on the go and when you are out to reapply your SPF and don’t have to touch your face! Get Supergoop on Amazon here ($25) (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Laneige Sleep lip mask: A little self care can be a nice thing for our stressed out teens. Our tester says: My favorite lip mask for at night and I even use it during the day. My lips are never chapped and it smells great! Get it on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- 5 ways to put a positive spin on back to school
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips