Welcome to The Sew Down where each month we bring you a run down of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read and watched in the world of sewing.
We’ve got two fantastic designers that have joined The Fold Line family. The first designer we’ve got is Vikisews and we are so excited to have them on the site. They have a vast range of patterns and they are currently working through their back catalogue translating them into English from Russian. We have their first 20 patterns on the site. Pattern cutting deconstructed is the second designer, perfect for those who want to learn more about pattern cutting. They have kits that come with basic blocks that you modify to fit you perfectly and pattern pieces that you draft yourself!
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Read all about Lucy Sparrow’s amazing exhibition where she had created a chemists shop entirely from felt!
- Woman’s prize for fiction shortlist
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- Don’t forget to buy your ticket for this years Sewing Weekender – we look forward to seeing you there.
- Fine Cell Work Crowdfunder for the new book Threads of Time
- Exhibition at the fashion and Textile Museum: Chintz in Bloom
- Send your unwanted clothes to Shelter